State/Territory Sponsored Business Visas for Australia
If you have a successful history of business or investment activity, you can use this to enter Australia if you are going to use this accumulation of knowledge and your funds to contribute towards the Australian economy. A number of booming industries have significantly helped Australia’s economy over recent years and it’s an extremely welcoming place for the world’s business leaders and investors.
We have helped people gain their Business Visas since 1996, working with some of the world’s most influential business leaders and ensuring that they can work beyond their borders. Our experts are specially-trained in business and investor visas to ensure that they can give you the best advice, and our global network of offices offers you support before, during, and after your application.
How Long Does This Business Visa Last?
The initial four year provisional state/territory business owner visas subclass can lead to Australian permanent residence. Like many categories of Australia working visas, this often requires the assistance of Australian immigration law experts.
There are a number of options available to you after the initial provisional visa expires. Which you take depends on your financial, business, and personal situation. The Australian immigration authorities have created a range of visas to cater to people who would like to invest in Australian businesses, begin a new business, or offer their knowledge and expertise to an existing business within Australia. Our bespoke consultations will help you decide which is the best option for you and your business.
Who is Eligible for State/Territory Sponsored Business Visas?
You must be under the age of 55 when lodging your application. There are some exceptions to this rule, most notable when the business endorsed as being of exceptional economic benefit to the state/territory by the sponsoring government.
If you are over 55 and wish to make an investment, you may be able to come to Australia on the Retirement Investor Visa, depending on your business history and assets.
To qualify for the Australian state/territory sponsored Business Owner Visa the following requirements must be satisfied. You must:
- Have had a successful business career
- Have personal and business net assets of at least $250,000, which can be transferred to Australia within 2 years
- Have had an ownership interest of at least 10% in a main business or businesses outside Australia with an annual turnover of at least $300,000 in the period leading up to your application or have a sound employment record as a senior manager
- Be registered or licensed if this is required by Australian law
- Have maintained direct and continuous involvement in the management of the business on a daily basis and in making decisions affecting the overall direction and performance of the business
- Have sufficient net assets to settle in Australia
- Be sponsored by an AustralianState or Territory Government
- Demonstrate the need to be in Australia to conduct or establish the business
- Establish or participate in the active management of a qualifying business in Australia, and maintain a substantial ownership interest
A Senior Manager is defined as a person who has the necessary formal qualifications for the position after at least 3 years’ full time study, has 5 years’ appropriate experience, and has been employed for at least 3 years in a relevant position. You must also have hada sound and continuous employment record for at least 3 of the 5 years immediately before the application is made. Under this definition, Senior Managers must make key decisions about how the whole or a substantial part of the business is managed.
Providing proof of your eligibility involves adding documents to your application which chart your business history, assets, and your qualifications. The scope of information needed for this visa is vast, and a large number of independent applicants qualify but do not receive their visas as the cases are not formatted correctly. Your expert at IXP will work with you to present your case correctly and ensure that your application has the best possible chance of success.